Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



I had a big presentation yesterday’s morning , which being the überly obsessive person that I am gave me a lovely week-end full of not sleeping nights and rides in the bus with a bunch of articles under my arm. So off course, once the presentation was done (it went well, I think) what did I do? I went home and took a nice well deserved nap, right? WRONG! I went home and took my Hunger Games: Catching Fire book, and told myself that I was going to read just for a little while and then go to bed…3 hours later, I was almost done with the book, and battling against my closing eyelids to finish it…which I did. 

The book starts with Katniss and Peeta living now in the Victor Village and getting ready for the Victor tour. This is routine. However, getting a visit from President Snow is not. When he basically tells Katniss to put down the fire that her apparent act of rebellion started, she realizes the extents to what she did in the Arena. She tries; she really tries to please the President, but is out of her hands to do it. People want freedom, and her little show gave them the impulse they needed.
Off course, being a 17 year old girl who has been in charge of her family for as long as she can remember, she is afraid that this, something she did not planed at all will affect her family, Peeta or Gale. On top of it all, this is the 75th year of the Hunger games, hence the Quarter Quell, and so a special surprise is in store…this year, the tributes will be chosen between the prior victors…a.k.a, Katniss is back in the arena. 
I will not give away more details about what happens in there only that this time she is trying fiercely to save Peeta and has to make alliances whether she likes it or not. One more thing, you might want to get the third book at hand, because, just as what happens with the Millennium trilogy second book, you will need to know what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment