Sunday, June 10, 2012

TSS: Hot, Hot week-end!





Hello everyone!, Well is another gorgeous week-end in the city, full of sun and hot weather. This is good because I really needed some color in these legs of mine ;) and my plants are gratefully turning greener. Not so good because the poor things are in need of lots and lots of water. But is ok, I'm taking good care of them, I promise. On the reading side, however, I haven't been able to advance much. I finished Shopaholic ties the Knot, by Sophie Kinsella, and started The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follet (talk about extremes, ha?), but I'm not reading as fast as I would like to, with all the things in the house and the moving day arriving soon. At least I'm ahead on my reading challenge for this year (5 books ahead! when did THAT happen?), so no worries. I'm thinking next year I will make a bigger challenge, but I haven't decided yet, depends on how it ends this time.

Also, I bought 4 new books (there was a sale ok?, and 3 of them were in my wishlist, and forming my to read in 2013 list, so no judgments:P). Also, in the "reading world" I'm now a librarian at Goodreads :). That's it for today, back to yard work.

Have a great week


6 comments:

  1. Love the Shopaholic books...except for Mini-Shopaholic...that kid was annoying. lol

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't tell me anything!!! I haven't even got the "Shopaholic and Baby" yet

      Delete
  2. Ooo I loved Pillars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone that I know that already read it did, so I knew it was a must, at least to try it

      Delete
  3. Kinsella to Follet? That is a jump! Hope they're both enjoyable reads for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Nose, and right before I finished 1Q84. But I needed that, something light and fun, in between the big ones. AS I called them, sherbet books, between to strong flavors ;)

      Delete