Sunday, September 9, 2012

TSS: September, Challenges and Read-a-Thon






Hello to all. Yes it's been a while since I posted a Sunday Salon, but to be honest with you I couldn't make me just write out of the blue, every Sunday. Sometimes you have things to share, sometimes you don't, right? And today I do :)

First thing that happened is that I joined a challenge! The R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril is based on the premises of reading books from certain genres. Is short (2 months) and it seemed pretty relax to me, so I decided to try it out.

So far I've done 2 reviews for this challenge: The Ice Princess and Anna dressed in blood. I really enjoyed both books; although the minimum of books I have to review for this challenge is 4, I think I will do a bit more, catching up with a couple of them that I had waiting on my bookshelf

Speaking about that, it seems that we will be changing bookshelves soon, for something that goes better with our living room. I'm exited about that :)

And, I joined the Dewey Read-A-Thon! If you don't know what it is, let me sum it up for you. You read...read for 24 hours! Or at least try to. Mt boyfriend says I can make it (isn't he sweet) and is already in for support, also known as food. It will be on October the 13, so you are more than welcome to join me. By then I will also have my new reading chair, so it should be just perfect.

As you can see it was a big week. I'm also almost done with my personal challenge of 40 books this year, and I'm really happy about it, because this means that maybe, just maybe I will be able to read in average a book per week this year. This might not sound as much for some of you avid readers, but whit my schedule at the lab, I'm giving myself props for that.

That is all for today, have a nice week!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun on the Readathon. I took part in the one in April and you can read my thoughts on it here: http://womanwithanopinion.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/readathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will! It will be my first one, I'm not sure I will be able to do 24h, but I will do my best!!!

      Delete