Sunday, December 2, 2012

TSS: Comfort in the books



This week, after a long time, the Bookrageous Podcast came back. As usual, it made my wishlist longer! But also, it got me thinking. This week's subject was comfort books. Do you have comfort books? I understand the term off course, but it made me realize that I do not have a book that keep coming back, not even an author. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of books in my shelves that I really liked, also, I have some authors that I know do not disappoint me, depending on what I am looking for. 

 

But the way the guy in the podcast put it I believe I do not have such book. A book to take to bed with you when you are sick? That would be the one I am currently reading...and that is in the unlikely situation that I can read while being sick (trust me I'm not exaggerating, when I'm sick, I'm dead sick, I might work in immunology, but my immune system sucks).

A book to take with you if, say, there is a hurricane, or in my case a snowstorm, coming and you can't go out at all? Same problem, I would probably take a couple more that I haven't read, but that I'm looking forward to, maybe take small ones to have some variety.

An author that you always "relapse"? nope. The only books I've ever re-read are Momo by Michael Ende, The little Prince by St-Exupéry and LOTR...and in all cases was because I read them in Spanish first and for the later 2 I got the original language versions. For Momo, my German is not good enough for me to read it in original language, but is a book that moved me a lot being a kid and I was wondering if it would touch me the same way as an adult (it did, BTW).

So tell me about your comfort book! And as always, have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I don't really have confort books either. If I'm sick and want to read I just pick up any unread book I have lying around (same thing I do if I'm not sick).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read Pride and Prejudice over and over, but that was when I was in high school. Now I almost never read a book twice unless I'm looking to get something new out of it. :) Too many books out there that I haven't read! I can't go about reading one book over and over! :p

    My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that is so true! so many books, so little time!

      Delete