Sunday, January 13, 2013

TSS: New reviewing style

Hello everyone, this is a short post to tell you about my new reviewing style. I'm recovering from getting my wisdom tooth removed and although I'm feeling way better today, I don't want to push it!

My first review using this is Paul à la pêche, I decided to stop using the Goodreads summary or even the one behind the book and I will try to resume the story myself without giving away to many spoilers, this off course is the What's the book about section.

Then my personal favorite part: What's different about this book?. In short what made it a good book to me, what set it apart from other books I have read before.

Next we have what I call the 10% moment. You know, when you begin a book and you are hooked immediately or you struggle to get through the first pages but there is something there that tells you that is completely worth it to continue...or in some cases the pages that tell you this book is just not for you.

Finally, the final thoughts, no surprise there!.
 
Anyway, is a work in progress, so please be patient while the reviews grow (hopefully) stronger. For other books that are not comics, I will still be quoting from the books, since I think this gives a nice idea of the writing itself.s

Anyway, have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you. Best of luck with your new approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of your book review style...I have been reinventing mine since I first began seriously reviewing, and it is definitely still a work in progress!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week (and your calm Sunday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up to follow your blog via e-mail. I like the look of your space!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Laurel :) I decided to change it since it is a new year and I finally got my new banner!

      Delete