Thursday, March 14, 2013

Destined by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast





What's the book about?

Do you guys now the House of Night series? If not I would suggest you skip this review, since this is the 9th book of the series. Quick recap, Zoey recovered her soul, Neferet's is fooling the High Council and acting as the High Priestess although she is still dealing with Darkness. The Twins separate and there is a new fledgling in town. 

What was different of this book?

I will be honest with you. I didn't read this book because I was looking for something different. I know what this books are like and how they end (or not). I keep reading this series because is the series I started when I moved to this country and incidentally is gave me a subject to share with my first real friend here. So there. 


What about the main character?

...oh Zoey...Stevie Rae...any of the character. Does anyone really talk like that?

I suppose the main character is still Zoey, but there are so many satellites characters that is hard to tell by now. Zoey is someone who in theory has a lot of power, yet she is quite helpless.

The 10% moment

Rephaim is struggling with the whole turning into a boy and hoping his dad will accept him and eventually turn back to the Goddess. Also, Thanatos, the vampire with affinity with Death, has been sent to Tulsa to keep an eye on Neferet.  

Final thoughts
I got what I was expecting out of this and that's why it's getting 3 out of 5. That and the fact that I can read passages out loud for Alex and he just cracks about them. 


This is book makes part of my Sequel Challenge :)


No comments:

Post a Comment