Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Book Blogger Test

 
Stephanie from Don't be afraid of the Dork tagged me for this test and here are my answers!

What are your top three book pet hates?
  • Product placement...not mentioning a product, but when adding names of products, websites, etc, seems just random and unnecessary. This happens a lot in YA and I think is the author's way of showing how "hip" and "in tune" with young people they are.
  • Caricatures of speeches and/or slang. For example I just finished a book with a southern girl...she would start ALL of here sentences with y'all and what was even worst, the authors used it to replace the singular "you". On YA what usually happens is an overuse of "cool", "like" and "whatever".
  • Female characters portrayed as doormats. It bothers me too with male characters, but sadly it is more common with female ones.
Describe your perfect reading spot.

Right now I am very lucky and have a couple of places at home that I love. Number one being my papasan; it is so comfortable, no matter the season. But now that summer is here, I can use my rocking chair in the patio, and it's just perfect.

Tell us three book confessions.
  • When reading a book that fails to interest me, I often start skimming it, so I guess some of my 1 star hasn't been fully read.
  • I once started reading an erotica book without knowing it...I realized what I had in my hands while blushing (beet red) in the metro.
  • While I haven't advance much in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (I have only read the first book) I am relatively up to date with the Shopaholic series...hey! they are perfect light readings in between heavier ones! 

When was the last time you cried during a book?

The last book that made me cry was The Last Unicorn, mostly because it took me back to my childhood.

How many books are on your bedside table?

I have one book right know, since I finished a couple this week. I am reading El Ruido de las Cosas al caer.

What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?

I don't always have a snack while reading, mostly I have coffee

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
  • Momo by Michael Ende
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.



Write how much books mean to you in three words.


Heaven in print

What is your biggest reading secret?

I am not sure if this questions refers to a secret I have to read more or a secret about what I have read...I am going to answer it as the former. I've realized that expanding my reading to not only "paper books" I've managed to be able to squeeze more reading time daily.

Now I have to tagg for lovely fellow bloggers and they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment