Thursday, October 23, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Origin of your name


In the words of Jessi from Novel Heartbeat:
It’s a weekly feature. Each week I will choose a subject and talk about that subject in my life. The topics will be non-bookish so that you can get to know me on a more personal level! I definitely encourage you guys to participate, too. I want this to be meme style with a linky for you to add your posts to. I want to know more about you guys as well!

What is the origin of my name? Carolina is the feminine version of Carlos (Carolus in Latin or just Charles) and it is supposed to have its origins with Charlemagne. I've been told is supposed to be the name of very organized people (true in my case, not so much my best friend whose name is also Carolina :P) but also very strong headed or stubborn...which is also true in my case.

As for how I was named Carolina, is a very short story: my aunt, who also happens to be my godmother, started calling my mom's belly Carolina the moment she knew my mom was pregnant. She didn't know if I was going to be a girl, she just decided the baby's name was Carolina. And my mom liked it and here we are.

So what's your name's origin?

No comments:

Post a Comment