Monday, November 3, 2014

My Year in NonFiction


Kim, from Sophisticated Dorkiness is kicking up the Nonfiction November event!. While the year is not officially over, part of NonFiction November is reviewing your Nonfiction year, and so here we are. Above you have the nonfiction books that I've read (or listen to) this year in no particular order.Now, let's answer some questions

  • What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year?
I have 2 books so far that I really enjoyed: Smarter than you think by Clive Thompson was enlightening and was a fun read too, both for me and my boyfriend. We are very different as readers, so a book that makes us both happy gets extra points. The second book would be Pandora's DNA by Lizzie Stark, it was touching, full of personal experiences and with a lot of information I didn't know about the prior treatments of breast cancer.

  • What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? 
I have recommended The Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. While is not the book I have enjoyed the most, out of the books I've read so far is the one that I've mentioned the most to a lot of people looking for a nonfiction related to science. The author did a very nice job vulgarizing a lot of the subjects, and as first approach to science nonfiction books is a perfect one.

  • What is one topic or type of nonfiction you haven’t read enough of yet? 
Ironically enough, reading! and that's why my selections for the event are both relating to reading :)

  • What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?
Well, so far barely 10% of my reading this year has been Nonfiction. The main reason to that guys is...when I get back home from the lab, I feel like reading things that disconnect me, that are very different from the scientific articles I read. However, the same way that I want to read more diversely, authors wise, I want to read more diversely SUBJECT wise and this is the main reason for joining the event, I want to fall in love once again with nonfiction :D. 

So there you have it, what about you? Leave me a link to your post, give me recommendations! And have a lovely week

No comments:

Post a Comment