Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Month of Faves: Top 10 (or so) Favorite books of 2014


Well, here it is, I am finally telling you my top 3 books of the year. But first I will introduce some of the runner ups:


Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
Dawn (Xenogenesis #1) by Octavia E. Buttler
Angelmaker by Nick Harkway
What We see When We Read by Peter Mendelsund
The Martian by Andy Weir
El ruido de las cosas al caer (The sound of things falling) by Juan Gabriel Vásquez
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

And now....drum roll please, here are my top 3 of the year!!!


As I said, 2 non fiction, 1 fiction, all of them by women and one of them in Spanish :D

Here are some exceprts from my reviews that explain why they were my favorites

Nosotras que nos queremos tanto by Marcela Serrano:
It was a splendid read and I would recommend to all of my contacts and beyond. It has taken me a while to write this review, mostly because I feel that words fall short for what this book made me feel. So I can only say, read it!.
I know this is a short review, particularly for a book that I loved, but I cannot put into words how this book makes me feel. It made me laugh, cry, laugh while crying, miss my family like crazy, made me tell people I love them and even took away weight from my shoulders. I would recommend this book to everybody, but get some tissues first. Now go and read it.
The Goldfinch by Donna Tart
It was a beautiful book, full of sentiment; a book that I have recommended several times already and that I might even re listen too.
2014 was a good reading year for me, I hope you had a wonderful year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment