Wednesday, December 24, 2014

#AMonthofFaves: 5 Books That Deserved the Hype


Hello everybody! First of all Merry Christmas Eve :). Today's topic on the Month of Faves event is 5 books that deserved the hype . I wasn't sure if we were limited to books we read on 2014, but looking around to other people's post I figured it would be ok. So here they are, 5 books that I read and found that they more than deserved the hype.
 

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami: I've found that this is one of those books that you are either going to hate or love, and I loved it. It is super weird, and sometimes you pout the book down thinking: what the H did I just read. But it was so involving and different! it is also a huge book, so I understand why so may people just put it down completely, but in my opinion it is worth to push through.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: This was such a fun read you guys! But once again, it really depends on the reader. It has a lot of pop culture references, mostly from the 80s, but also to the gaming world. So if you don't like or even don't care for those, you might not enjoy it as much as I did. However it was great for me. The characters were fun, the rhythm very fast paced and exiting. 

Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed: I have talked to you about this one almost on every post of this months event, but I will do it again, just because it was so beautiful. Sure, it made me cry, but that is just how touching the whole book was. I've been recommending it all over town since I finished and I intend to continue doing so.

The Martian by Andy Weir: Just as RPO, this one is a book that might not be for everyone. There is quite a bit of science and sarcasm. Mark, the main character, is not a pleasant person necessarily, but boy it was fun. Also just like RPO, A read it after me and it made him very happy too, and considering we have quite different reading tastes that is a plus on my list :).

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: Wow, I just realized this was one of my first reviews in this blog! And even almost 3 years after I still have a lot of love for this book. It is magical, it has action, love, whimsical world building... everything! Even some delicious treats that with just the description will make you salivate. I am a bit sad that I couldn't re read it this December with the Sword and Laser book club, but as it turns out I lent it to my cousin back in 2012...and she hasn't finished it yet, if you can believe that.

Well there you have it, my 5 books for today. I wish you a lovely Holiday time!

No comments:

Post a Comment