Sunday, March 1, 2015

Challenges and goals update: How did I do in February?

 

Hello to all ! Once again here is my update for the month of February. Let us start:

Diversifying 2015:

Of the 8 books I read on February 2 of them where by a nonwhite author, and both had POCs as main characters. Lock In had several LGQBT characters, so that was good, but the book itself wasn't either about nor by someone identifying as LGQBT. Only 2 of the books I read were written by male authors, which takes me so far to 65% of my reading coming from female authors.

Read Harder:

This month I didn't read ANY of the books I have in line for the RH challenge, so I will have to work on that.

My goals:

Read at least 1 POC author per month: Done with Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me and Las Hijas de Juarez

Read at least 1 book in Spanish per month: Done with Las Hijas de Juarez

Read CanLit book per month: Done with Oryx and Crate

Read at least 1 book of nonfiction per month: Done with Las Hijas de Juarez

Finished series: No series finished this month...I started 2 though, MaddAddam and The Southern Trilogy

Keeping track of my reading (Country represented, Makomori test, etc): done, but this one I will do a total update at the end of the year.

Read more already owned books: Only 1 of the books read this month wasn't a previously owned book!

Read the picks of the month for each book club: done!

I feel like, in general I am having a good progression on my reading. This month I had my first DNF of the year, but at least I know I gave it a fair try.

Reviews wise, I only posted 5 reviews this month in the site; I did send some short reviews for the books I had from either NetGalley or LybraryThing; I think I might stop doing full reviews for ALL the books I read or maybe start doing a series of short reviews for a couple of them, together, particularly those that I don't have a lot to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment