Monday, June 1, 2015

What am I reading this month: June

Hello everyone! Could someone please explain to me how is i that we are in June and I had to wear a scarf, sweater and gloves to work today? Because I sure don't gt it. 

But anyway, enough complaining. It's a new month and I have new books to tackle! Let's see:


For my Diversifying 2015 challenge (you can sign up here) and reading more in Spanish goal I will be reading De como las muchachas García perdieron el acento (How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents)by Julia Alvarez. I loved the last book I read from her, and this one has been in my radar for a while so I am finally getting to it.

For the Sword and Laser Book Club, we will be reading City of Stairs  by Robert Jackson Bennett

For my "reading more CanLit" goal and continuing with a (great) series I will be reading The Year of the Flood (MaddAddam #2) by Margaret Atwood

On nonfiction, I am reading The Only Woman in the Room by Ellen Pollack, a book I got through NetGalley
My last pick for this Once Upon a Time Challenge is The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan.
And finally, to work on the Read Harder challenge I will be listening to Almost Women: Stories by Megan Mayhew Bergman.
Out of those 6 books, I own 4 of them, so I am also working on my "reading more of the books I already own" goal. As you can see there is a lot of diversity in this month, both in authors and subjects.
As always, this is not a definitive list, it might change (and grow) as the month passes by

What are you reading this month? Let me know in the comments and have a nice week, hopefully with better weather than mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment